Tuesday 6 December 2011

Introduction Banner

When designing our music video I thought that I would put the title of the song in so that the viewer knew what song they where listening to and also the name of the band. I looked at several different music banners from across several different channels that play to our target audience and decided on a look for my banner. I decided to use bright colours and also to incorporate the MTV Rocks logo because this is an example of a channel that would air our music video and appeal to our target audience. To make this introduction banner I chose to use the program Motion which is made by Apple and I chose this program because I already had an understanding of how to use it and you can incorporate it with Final Cut Pro as they are both made by Apple. First I made the banner box where the track name is displayed and I made this in Adobe Photoshop as I knew how to use this already and I created a box and added a brush stroke over it to make it seem more textured. I then added in the text over the top of the box and saved it as a JPEG file. From here I could then simply drag it into Motion and add the animation to it and this wasn't a complicated animation I got the image to move slowly into frame from the bottom. I then saved this as a Quicktime movie and I could then import this straight into our Final Cut project.

Motion the program I used to create the animation. 

This the introduction banner that I made on Photoshop that will appear at the beginning and end of our music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment